Welcome to the blog about the Shadow Series written by Autumn Dove. Keeping the readers informed with features, news, events, updates, promotions, and contests.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Dreaded Social Media!

I know I'm a dinosaur! I've shied away from social media largely because, well, I didn't have time for something like that. Guess what? Now I have to make the time. I drug myself into facebook and twitter kicking and screaming and protesting.
You know what I found out?
It's not that bad. It's actually kind of fun. Never thought those words would pass my lips. I must give a large credit here to Ken and Lisa Kessler, at Savvy Authors, who held a workshop in those dreaded social media platforms. They made it fun and easy to understand, even for someone with prejudices like me. No, I'm not great at it yet, I'm still working on content, checking in and posting things but I'm getting better - a lot better and I have people following and liking me :-)
I met a lot of great people in the class and with any luck we will stay in touch and help each other through our social media rising!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome class Autumn, and it must have paid off because you have a beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michele!
    Yes, the class was great, and they're doing another one in Oct. It is Twitter/Facebook centered and was a huge help to me, a social media recluse :-)

    ReplyDelete